West Valley Middle School offers a rich educational experience to children emphasizing small class sizes and a hands-on approach to learning. Our school offers a variety of extracurricular activities within our regular program including Spanish, Dance, PE, daily electives, an all-inclusive sports program, and Life-Skill education. Students at West Valley Middle School have access to the latest in technology including Smart Boards, LCD projectors in each class, a laptop for every student, and Document Viewers. In addition, our school offer extended day programs from 6:30am-6pm and we are open for non-academic days.
All students are warmly accepted and guided along their educational path throughout our program. Bullying and “slipping through the cracks” simply do not happen at our school due to our small, family like atmosphere. Students are held to high standards while enjoying school. As a result, our 8th grade graduates go on to schools such as Archbishop Mitty, St. Francis, Notre Dame, Bellermine, and many others.
View High School acceptance for: 2008-2014 Graduates
- Q1: What is your teacher turnover rate?
- Q2: What is your enrollment process?
- Q3: What is your teacher to student ratio?
- Q4: Where do students typically go to high school after they graduate from West Valley Middle School?
- Q5: What time does school start and end?
- Q6: How do you make sure that all students feel safe and included?
- Q7: What is your disciplinary policy?
- Q8: How much homework do students receive every day?
- Q9: How is your afterschool program structured?
- Q10: Are fieldtrips part of the curriculum?
- Q11: What other activities can my child be involved in?
1984 In September 1984, West Valley Middle School welcomed students from fifth to eighth grade. Many of these students have been involved in Action Day Nursery and/or Primary Plus for a number of years. The middle school curriculum focuses on the unique needs of children ten to fourteen years of age. The staff has worked carefully to develop a total program that will encourage maximum growth both emotionally and intellectually.
1996 Seventh grade was added to the elementary school curriculum at the Amber Drive location. West Valley Middle School was reopened and includes sixth and seventh grade students.
2003 West Valley Middle School moved to an expanded facility at the Phelan School site.
At West Valley Middle School, we are committed to offering our families a high-quality, competitive education that offers a variety of educational experiences to prepare students for College Preparatory leaning. We are committed to selecting high-quality teachers whose education and teaching pedagogy reflect the Action Day Primary Plus/West Valley Middle School spirit and philosophy. At West Valley Middle School, each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs. We are confident that your child’s experience will be one that is both educational and empowering of the whole child. We look forward to sharing our passion for education with your family.
- West Valley Middle School attends the 2017 WE Day
- WE Believe Knowledge is Power comes to West Valley Middle School
- A Special Visit from Alma Flor Ada, an Award-winning Author!
- Welcome Back Wildcats!!!
- Our Wildcats' Field Trip Adventures
- WVMS Girls Basketball 3-peats Championship Trophy 2016
- Theatre of All Possibilities Assembly - Spirit of America
- WVMS Students Perform in a 1950s Musical Comedy
- Extended Day - "Spooktacular Week"
October 14, 2015
- "We Day" Participation 2015
February 23, 2015
- Korean Language & Culture Program
January 12, 2015
- Wild Cat Pride
January 31, 2014
- Academic Excellence Recognized in WVMS Alumni
March 1, 2013
- Knowing One's Audience: WVMS Attends the Ballet
December 12, 2012
- 4th Annual Tree Lighting Festival
November 28, 2012
- Taking a Bite Out of Education
September 27, 2012
- Picture Day for WVMS
October 3, 2012
- Fall 2012 Enrollment Packet
July 26, 2012
- Cat's Corner: The Cats Compete in Las Vegas
July 12, 2012
- Leapin' Lizards
June 4, 2012
West Valley Middle School is a member of the Action Day | Primary Plus education system.
- About our Action Day Partners
- Visit the Action Day | Primary Plus website.
- Action Day Primary Plus Tax ID: 94-2192499
- Sarah Bianchi
- Kamalika Banerjee
- Susan Cornish
- Jessica Dewey-Hoffman
- Layal Fawal
- Al Grigsby
- Angelique Kile
- Cristina Lee
- Chandler Mikles
- Sally Sanford
- Christopher Schoppet
- Ethyn Frugoli
- Kioni Williams
- Meet the members of our Corporate Office.
The West Valley Community Club (WVCC) is our school's version of the PTA (Parent Teacher Association). The WVCC helps support the school in many ways. The WVCC runs events such as the Bingo Night and End of the year BBQ and is very important to the school. As with any volunteer organization, the success of WVCC is based on the strength and depth of the volunteers themselves. Volunteering for events, donating prizes, or utilizing your contacts to benefit our school are some of the ways that you can help.